Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Making dreams come true?

With all the generous charity drives being promoted during this holiday season, I don't want to discourage the much needed efforts, but I do wonder 'who is really giving and who is receiving?' I ponder the first Christmas and how kings and paupers alike brought what they could to the poor homeless family staying in a manger. They each brought presents but they still knew they were the ones being gifted. When I hear reports that the toys, food, and blankets are 'making dreams come true' I fear that it may be forgotten what a beautiful gift we are given when our charity acts are received. How blessed are those who recognize Christ among the society-labeled poor and how small in comparison are the gift of toys, food, and blanket to being able to share in recognizing the miracle of love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment