Sunday, April 29, 2007

The problem is that there is an "I" in FAIR

We probably have all heard the adage.. "There is no I in Team"

......some may have heard my husband's favorite response to that adage which is to ask , "Do you know what phrase has two 'U's?" That response, though, is probably best saved for private jokes and no way out, desperate situations where all that you have left to win is the satisfaction of having the last word...

But, as we were discussing... there is no "I" in TEAM and there really shouldn't be in FAIR.. too often that "I" goes first when people are measuring the fairness of an action or decision at work and really shouldn't. I truly don't think one can make a 'fair' decision because it will change with each person's "I". Perhaps we would be better served to attempt to reach decisions in justice. While there is a "U" in justice, there is also an "I" and maybe the two is what balances the scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment